Friday, June 22, 2007

Chase Opportunity?

UPDATE 1930Z: The 18z RUC continues it's forecast of very high helicities and moderate/strong instability for some pretty good storms today in the E half of the TX PH. It is breaking out precip by 00Z from Amarillo and points NE and E where it insists on developing a good convergence zone.

Latest analysis and RUC forecasts continue to indicate precip breaking out across the TX PH from roughly Amarillo in the NE PH. CAPE forecasts exceed 3000j/kg. With 15-20 knots mid level flow atop SE and S low level flow, RUC is forecasting 300-500 helicities across the E half of the PH.

A couple of weak boundaries persist across the area, but it is impossible for me to tell if they will last into late afternoon. But, any storm that can find a boundary would of course be THE storm to intercept.

As usual, I'll be monitoring things through the afternoon and see how things progress.

9 Comments:

Blogger Wayfarer said...

WAAASSAAAPPP!!!!!......Been on the go for awhile, but now we are back in the groove of things. Dewvoid in full effect though.

Sat Jun 23, 09:27:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

Hey... I take offense to that... I refuse to accept full credit for the nationwide ridge! lol

Steve, I would assume that the SDS treatment facility is overbooked at this point with May and June being such busts, relatively speaking... hopefully, you still have my suite ready... ;-)

Sun Jun 24, 08:28:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Wayfarer said...

OH BROTHER WHERE ART THOU???

Thu Jun 28, 08:57:00 AM CDT  
Blogger David Drummond said...

I think he's a man of constant sorrow. I saw him on the spotter net out chasing the other day tho.

Fri Jun 29, 04:52:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Wayfarer said...

Well at least he is alive..Hmmmm alien abduction with a clone left in his place....That would explain a lot of things....

Fri Jun 29, 10:42:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

I was trying to lay low and see what, if any, effect that would have on the weather pattern. Nothing happened. So, I believe I can say with scientific certainty that the "Dewvoid" is the real culprit. LOL!!!

David, it's time to start doing some lake trips. I was going to go this past weekend and nearly called you up. But, some things came up in trying to get my damned house sold. (sigh)

A summer SDS session should now be planned for sometime in August!! All of us West Texas bandito stormchasers should get some shindig together. The ones I had back in McKinney were always alot of fun!

Rick, Dew: start planning that 2008 trip!

Sun Jul 01, 07:56:00 PM CDT  
Blogger David Drummond said...

Man, Graham tells me one of his friends has been pulling some pretty darn nice bass right off the fishing dock at Alan Henry!!

Sun Jul 01, 08:09:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

Oh, yeah... sure... just peg it all on me... I can take it. Dewvoid, determined, dependable.

Sun Jul 01, 10:41:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Wayfarer said...

All ready saving for 2008. Cant wait!!!

Wed Jul 04, 11:17:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home