Friday, June 08, 2007

Chasers Of Tornado Alley - Curse Of The Black Void

Ok....I know that was a cheap humor attempt with Pirates Of The Caribbean. After two days of abuse from mother nature who decided to follow her own playbook, I'm trying to maintain some sense of humor in the chaser ranks including Dewdrop, the Tulsa Gang, and my TX PH gang. On the brighter side of things, at least population centers were spared yesterday aside from a couple of reports of brutal hail.

Today, that front is seriously hauling butt to the Rio Grande valley. So much for my slight skepticism from yesterday regarding it's movement. LOL!! It's actually abit chilly here this morning...very nice!

For the weekend, the 12 NAM continues to dash the earlier hopes of a good stormchasing excursion for me this weekend. There isn't a clear signal for a decent setup for supercells within range for me...even on a weekend pass. It really smacks the mid level winds down and weakens the instability. I will of course take each day one at a time in case the NAM is wrong.

Fortunately, models still promise an active week next week...particularly the first half. In fact, it looks pretty darned good. I hope it doesn't fizzle out too. Fortunately, the models are in very good agreements with some strong consistency. So, I'm planning on a nice little active period for my neck of the woods starting Monday. The GFS also changed it's tune for the ridge establishing itself the last half of June and the ensembles certainly look interesting. There is still plenty of opportunity for June to save the season. :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Dewdrop said...

Way to find the silver lining there, Stevoid!

Fri Jun 08, 07:46:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

I try :-)

btw...where the heck are ya'll and where are ya'll chasing tomorrow? Inquiring minds want to know! :-)

Current model runs indicate I should head north tomorrow....perhaps wait on the Rotan Mesa storms (far NE NM) to pop. Lots of analysis in the morning for sure...messy forecast.

Fri Jun 08, 11:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

Oh, we're freakin' done man... we chased some winery in Amada today... no storms. We're in Iowa City, IA, headed to Kansas City, MO in the AM.

Sat Jun 09, 04:13:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Wayfarer said...

Steve. You now see just how potent the Dewvoid can be. it killed a "high risk"....so deadly. ;-)

Sat Jun 09, 09:31:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve I think you mean Raton (pronounced ra-tone).

I had been excited about this weekend and next week and now our outlook seems bleek. I am hoping June isnt down with us quite yet but the next few days look so-so at best. I wouldnt mind a nice LP to practice my lightning shots but the chance of any kind of tornadic activity is only in my fantasies.

Sat Jun 09, 11:46:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home