Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Confusion/Chaos Today

Every model run, crystal ball, super-duper-fast-action-laser-3000-model from TV stations, my cat, each NWSFO, the SPC and tarot cards are all forecasting something different today concerning various ingredients for today's setup. Hopefully be late morning (6:30 am as I type this), the details will become abit clearer as far as a target area.

The one thing I seem to find agreement on is the better mid level winds are close to I-40 and northward. The dryline will be somewhere between New Mexico and far western Oklahoma. Cloudiness and fog will linger all across the TX PH today and just how long is a mystery. This could be a big ol' horsefly in the ointment.

However, in sorting through everything and going with my gut, I'm picking Tulia to Panhandle (the town) to Turkey (the town again..not the critter). I'll fine tune this later this afternoon when I can get a peek at things. With the potential setup, it could be a pretty darned good chase day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous David Drummond said...

In retrospect, I think your cat nailed the forecast today.

Tue May 12, 11:54:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

My cat was quite pleased with her forecast. ;-)

Damned high-based wind machines. Ugh.

Wed May 13, 09:28:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home