Monday, March 13, 2006

Tornadoes Ravage Missouri


Watching the news this morning is very sombering. 107 tornadoes were reported yesterday with most in Missouri. Several fatalities have already been reported with numerous injuries. There appears to be a great deal of damage. I fear that the full scope of this tragedy is yet to unfold.

Despite my critical statement about the SPC in the last blog entry, they did a helluva job on this event. I certainly believe that their efforts in sounding the claxons prior to this event unfolding translated into saving lives. They certainly had their hands full with this event.

I certainly do not mind that I busted big time yesterday. In fact, I'm quite happy about it in light of what I'm seeing on TV. The old saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for". If storms erupted as were being loudly advertised yesterday, more tragedy would have occurred without a doubt.

My prayers are certainly with those folks. I encourage everybody to consider making donations to the Red Cross or other agency helping out in this disaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home