Saturday, March 11, 2006

CHASE!

00z UPDATE: Well, the cap runneth over and the dryline crawfishes away. ;-) The North Texas Curse did it's job once again. LOL!! The NAM model sucks. The old ETA was more accurate than this piece of garbage. I'm really trying to recall some events that the NAM has nailed in the past few months and I'm coming up empty. The RUC by 15z was hinting at what transpired today and by 18Z was dead on...pleading with chasers to return home. LOL!! I still had a good time hanging out with Hans, Bob and Steve (my other evil twin). It's good to meet the "family". :-) Taking a look at the 12z ETA, I'm trashing it's solution. I've got a very strong hunch we'll be chasing west of I-35 tomorrow for the most part...probably starting out around Wichita Falls to Abilene or perhaps a couple of counties east of there. The 00Z run will be interesting. I'm thinking it could be a pretty big day tomorrow for N TX and S OK.

I kind of hated to miss TESSA today, but I can't think of a better excuse to do so than to go chasing some potentially tornadic storms. Already, strong storms have erupted in Denton county...here at 8:15am no doubt. So, this will be short.

No reason to really disagree with the SPC 13z discussion. The 12z RUC wants to hold up the dryline immediately east of I-35 for today which makes this even more chaseable. I'll be waiting here at home until it's time to head out. I plan on playing the I-30 and 380 corridor today as this area has the most favorable viewing area (relative to the E TX forests) east of I-35. It looks to be a great day. I've got to grab a shower, swing by and get something to eat, and hopefully get my Cingular data card activated. The typical online/phone customer service with them sucks as usual. They still don't have a clue that you DO NOT have to have a contract IF you already have your own card. I'll swing by the store where I got it done last year (the guy there is a HAM and Spotter too).

I hope to hook up with my Tulsa homies this morning...better give 'em a call and wake them up! Also, here are some pics of the storms I chased last night near the Red River around Lake Texoma: http://www.texastailchaser.com/chases/2006/March10/

Gotta run!!! Hope to have pics by tomorrow. Good luck to all venturing out today!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home