Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Alrighty then....

Well, an interesting little "test run" today. As I got near Canadian, the high-base towers going up looked fairly healthy. Although there was no radar around in precip mode, it looked like one cell got some hair on it's chest before it eventually evaporated. With a rapidly crawfishing dryline, the necessary surface convergence dwindled and thus the storm with it. Upper analysis shows that the upper air support was still pretty far west....lagging. At least I nailed my target dead on today as it erupted just about on top of Arnett. I shoulda got a lottery ticket on the way home. :-)

At least I got to evaluate all the new stuff I created. I discovered that the little java widget for uploading my GPS position failed around Pampa and would not work the rest of the evening. In fact, it did something to COM2 port as GR3 could see it, but would not stream anything from it. It also would not share that port. So, after already spending too much time on that, I'm going back to GPSGate. It's already proven and it's stable. I'll go back to doing java on the server side of things. :-)

Everything else seems to work great. I'm still tweaking the video streaming settings. Jay McCoy was monitoring it for me (thanks Jay!) and giving me some feedback. There seems to be a problem with the stream on the user's end freezing alot. It seemed to stop when I dropped the frame rate to 7. The problem is, I have no way of knowing how it comes across to the user when I'm out there. So, I won't know which setting to use. I'll try a compromise of 10fps and see if that works. At least I got to stream the season's first pretty sunset. lol

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the way my live page is working out. After getting back to GPSGate, I think I'm ready for the potential chase-o-rama next week.

Oh, my email is now working properly. I'll do my best to catch up on emails. If you sent one Sunday or Monday, I may not have gotten it. Please resend. :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how are things? Shiloh

Fri Apr 18, 09:19:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home