Sunday, April 13, 2008

DFW Summary & Looking Ahead

After excrutiating over my taxes, they are finally done. With the move and house sale along with investment activity, it was pretty painful trying to sort through all of the records and try to enter it in the correct place. The tax code is far too complex. At one point this morning, I was ready to arm my musket, put on my patriot hat, and march on D.C. to declare my independence. :-)

Anyway, the NWS released a nice summary of the storm events last week in northern Texas. They included the survey done in Collin County around Allen and southern fringe of McKinney, where I used to live. Check it out for the final report and nice graphic:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/fwd/April0910/april0910.htm

Today is also the one-year anniversary where DFW dodged another potential significant tornado event. The NWS has a page about it:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/fwd/torradar041307.htm

I have my own radar summary page too:

http://texastailchaser.com/special/20070413/

As far as the week ahead, chase opportunites startup Wednesday and get better this weekend into early next week. The problem we have is that the recent and current system flushed all of the moisture down to the equator (figuratively speaking....don't pull a rdale on me). It is going to take considerable time to get the GOM basin recovered. Moisture is going to be an issue for the next 7 days.

But, even with 50F dewpoint here in the PH, storms can be quite intense and photogenic. So even on Wednesday, we should have at least a slight chance. Thursday might be better for the eastern half of OK and TX where better moisture and strong upper dynamics will come into play. It will also be in the hiils and trees. I'll be quite content to wait for the Caprock to start popping soon. :-)

I'm also migrating my website to another hosting service that better supports MySQL and JBoss for some things I'm working on. So, if you see this blog or my other pages disappear, it will only be for a short while. It shouldn't, but you know how that goes.

Lastly, I finally cracked the wizardry and alchemy of getting a java app to work nicely with windows ports so that I can grab GPS data and upload it to my server for tracking purposes. It works great getting the data to my site. I just gotta configure it and format it to work with the GoogleMaps widget in my live chase page. Speaking of which, I'll be tweaking it over the next few days as well.

That's it from Amarillo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home