Saturday, April 21, 2007

OK...light the fuse!

Not much to add from SPC outlooks and my previous thinking. The models are trying to kick this upper system out a little shallower. They are painting the area from Amarillo to Lubbock as a prime area. I'll probably hang around Amarillo longer today before heading out on the road. I'll target Plainview to Lubbock right now.

I will be updating live from the road on my new site called: TAILCASTER

So, follow along if you'd like. I'll be using this for the rest of the season for live road updates so as not to clog my blog...like a hog...in a bog...through the fog...errr...eat a frog...you dirty dog...errrr...okay... ;-) My last post of the day here....so check over there!

Labels:


5 Comments:

Blogger Wayfarer said...

Switch to decaf Steve..K?

Sun Apr 22, 09:47:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be up later with the 2x4 Steve

Sun Apr 22, 11:33:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,

I am sure in your book as well as mine this will go down as one of the most frustrating and worst chases of our long careers. We ha dthe target picked a day in advance and even day of but for some reason we were both suckerd into other storms in ohtre areas we knew we shouldnt go and bounced back and forth instead of sticking with our gut and doing what we knew we should. I cant even explain why. That and the major lack of data we encountered for about 30 minutes doomed us all. Kanani called it "my bad karma". No just bad choices and second guessing my gut. Oh well we now have Monday and Tuesday to make amends. both days look fun. I am taking off 1/2 day monday and all day tuesday. Tuesday may go high risk and be a major event for west and central oklahoma.

We both get 2x4's for yesterday :)

Sun Apr 22, 11:41:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed I had a very tough time forecasting a target area to start. In the end, I balanced my need to cover stuff in our area for the station with my thoughts about the south option and then headed out SSW from LBB when the towers started popping on the state line.

Graham is chasing Monday but if you want to team up on Tuesday I am running solo. Graham as physics tests that day. Fully equipped and good on gas!

Sun Apr 22, 12:19:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

I'm ready for the 2x4 therapy. However, it is entirely my own fault. It was clearly the "Stevoid" effect. It was so powerful yesterday that in in fact brought down the NOAA dataport feeds for a full 30 minutes. I'm gaining enough power for "super villian" status. You will come to respect the leotards soon!! BWAHAHAHA!!

Yeah, a tad frustrating, but that's stormchasing. Unfortunately, I'm perfecting it as an art. Tomorrow is another day and another opportunity. :-)

Decaf? Bah!! That's like non-alcholoic beer. :-)

Sun Apr 22, 05:48:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home