Thursday, March 29, 2007

If Confucius Were A Stormchaser......

"For it is far better to have chased and missed, than to have never chased at all".

In looking on the bright side, I could still be stuck in DFW yesterday on a workday watching yet another major tornado event that I could not chase....and today have the system move through as a typical blue box event for N TX. Typical.

I ♥ Amarillo. :-)

Oh, btw, congrats also to Hans Schroeder, Jay McCoy and Kanani Foster for their successful intercepts yesterday!!! I got a good chuckle when Kanani told me that the baby kicked for the first time when they were observing a tornado. Sounds like a natural born chaser in the making to me. Forget about playing Mozart into the womb. Use NOAA warning tones instead ;-)

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, David Drummond's video he posted today is stunning. There is also a funny part in the middle of the video where the tornado is crossing the road and at that moment, that WxWorx voice chimes in "You are approaching a twisting storm. Please excercise caution". It's sure to be a classic video moment...at least in my book. :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Dewdrop said...

Hey, thanks for the link! Just checked out your galleries... You've got some awesome stuff out there. Cool.

~Dew

Thu Mar 29, 10:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Glenn said...

Steve said I could still be stuck in DFW yesterday on a workday watching yet another major tornado event that I could not chase....and today have the system move through as a typical blue box event for N TX. Typical.

Oh, thanks - thanks a lot dude! Right through the heart, that one. Ugh.

LOL

Fri Mar 30, 08:44:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

Thanks Dew! You got a great blog too. I will be updating my galleries page pretty soon as a matter of fact. I'm glad to have you on board as a regular visitor here. :-)

Fri Mar 30, 02:53:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

Glenn (dixonge),

Sorry for that little stab. LOL! But, don't blame the messenger! You need to liberate yourself from within the clutches of the North Texas Curse.

But, I see a little action down around your way today. Already several tornado warnings this morning. Things should pick back up later this afternoon and evening. Be careful what you wish for. LOL! I hope you are able to make it out there today. I kinda wished I went ahead and made the long drive there....minus the long drive. ;-)

Fri Mar 30, 02:59:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home