Friday, March 23, 2007

Big Event Today

UPDATE 1915Z: Will be headed SW towards Clovis OR west on I-40 out of Amarillo as soon as I'm finished here at work. SPC mesoanalysis really puts a bullseye on this spot. I particularly like the nose of the mid level jet focusing on this area along with nice backed flow in the boundary layer and clear skies. A big isolated supercell has already developed a ways west of Clovis. Also, I still make out a weak boundary on vis sat down around Muleshoe/Morton/Littlefield area which was evident on this morning's surface analysis. I'll refine my target as I head out. Good luck to those able to get out today...it looks like a good 'un. Tornadoes will be had today. I hope to get lucky. ;-)

There's no reason for regurgitating the excellent SPC outlook for today. One thing we'll have today that we didn't have yesterday is a big, nice dryslot over the region. The laps rates should be incredible. I like the areas along the TX/NM border where the low clouds are already breaking up. There appears to be remnants of the outflow boundary from yesterday from around Littlefield to my birthplace Morton. This will be my play today if it remains intact. Storm motions will be pretty fast for the most part, so I'll be anticipating right-splitters...hopefully along the aforementioned OB. Updates alter this afternoon before I head out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home