Friday, May 05, 2006

Forecast 5/5

Man, I haven't seen this much severe activity in Texas in a very long time....little alone in May. Today and tomorrow will continue the party. Since the models insist on putting a damper on things later next week, I'm going to party like it's the end of the season. :-)

Little time for details, but agree 100% with the SPC outlook...but the front as lifted to I-20 now just north of Abilene and Midland. An outflow boundary appears to intersect the front west of Abilene per the latest SPC MCD. This area looks primed for initiation of a wild round of storms today with better vertical wind profiles than the past couple of days. Nothing wrong with those storms either...some real bruisers. Today, the tornado threat increases in my opinion as the boundaries appear a little more defined and in excellent orientation with regards to expected storm vectors. It looks like a guaranteed tornadic supercell forming around Abilene to Big Spring to San Angelo with it munching SE along the OFB. It will also be interesting to see if any storms latch onto the synoptic front along the I-20 corridor.

I'll be headed out early today to the target zone (Abilene) with plans to stay overnight for round two tomorrow from the Edwards Plateau and SE/E of there. This I think could be the best day of this week. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home