Monday, May 01, 2006

Chase Today!

I didn't pay attention to today setup as I planned for a "down day". Then I looked at the 15Z RUC. It just goes to show that you should never blow off a "May Day" until a look at morning data. :-) No time for details, but the RUC says it all for me....and at least a weak surface low to boot. LCLs are high, but so are a few other parameters that I like. Some pretty strong supercells should erupt today in S central OK and NE from there. It has another potential similar to April 24th in regards to a slow moving or quasi-stationary cell around the surface low. Although moisture is thin, I am seeing a rapid surge of lower 60Td racing up I-35. That along with moisture pooling aided by evapotranspiration from rain-soaked S OK and Red River TX counties should get us into the lower 60's at least. I'm highly skeptical of upper 60's to near 70 progged by the RUC....but it has been persistent since the 12z run and now bullseying 70Td with the 15z run. I'm still skeptical of that level though. Still, lots of fuel for some stout storms...even if they don't produce tornadoes. I'm there, dude. ;-) I'm picking Ada to Tishomingo to Atoka. I hope I can get there in time.

Happy "May Day" to stormchasers everywhere!! The "statistically" best 4 weeks are ahead of us. Of course, Ma Nature gets the final say-so in this....just like in 2005 and 2003. LOL!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home