Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Flying Saucers Invade North Texas!! :-)







Caught the big isolated supercell west of DFW today in Stephens, Shackleford and Palo Pinto counties. This is some of the most amazing storm structure I've ever seen in person. I only had my Canon Rebel today. It was quite a pleasure to watch this transition from a near-dying high based LP near Graham to a big honking and hooking supercell that put on a spectacular show and had me mesmerized...only moving 10mph was nice too. :-) Stacked plates, mothership mesos, oh my.

Lots more pictures at the link below. Enjoy!!!

http://www.texastailchaser.com/chases/2006/may1/pictures/

(NONE of these pictures were altered in any way except for contrast, saturation and brightness.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Darin said...

Beautiful Steve!

Tue May 02, 04:53:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures! Man, I wish I could chase already.....:o(

Tue May 02, 10:39:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home