Saturday, March 18, 2006

Chasing SW TX

It's a rare opportunity to chase in one of my favorite parts of my native state...the big open skies of SW TX. I don't have time for much of an analysis because I've got to hit the road here before 7am (shoulda left last night and stayed over in San Angelo). But, there will definitely be a decent opportunity for a tornadic supercell or two along a well defined and sharp warm front. It's the type of warm front I like with it being very shallow and slowly moving northward. I expect lower to mid 60Td to spread into the warm sector south of it. The LCLs will be low and the helicities and 0-1km and 0-3km profiles are all favorable for a tornado today. The caveat of course will be how extensive the clouds and precip will be in the warm sector. I'll be performing a "Spanish Inquisition" (Confess RUC!! Confess!!) on the data in Abilene and commit from there to head towards San Angelo. I'll try to send an update while on the road today.
If I bust, well, I bust. I'm used to it by now. LOL!! There are some things I want to see and check out down in Abilene and might stop by the Dr. Pepper plant in Dublin. If you don't know what is so unique about that particular plant...well...for starters it's the place where the Dr. Pepper is made with pure cane sugar. It's different and pretty tasty. Your dentist would hate it. :-) Check out the website: http://www.dublindrpepper.com/ 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home