Wednesday, May 21, 2008

2008 Chase-O-Rama!

Well, after all of the sputtering of the 2008 season, it finally appears that the chase season will swing into full gear starting today.

The models are struggling with the details of the big upper level system in the western Conus, but all agree to really great setups each day anywhere from Nebraska to NW TX through next Tuesday. It's about fracking time! That "f" word is from the Battlestar Galactaca series on the SciFi Channel...in case you were wondering. ;-)

In any event, I'm still chained down to the job I'm on right now until Friday. Then, Iv'e got 4 days off to go frolicking in the plains spending hundreds of dollars on gas and perhaps motel rooms and of course samping the regional cuisine. The reward, hopefully, will be experiencing the awesome, majestic power and fury of Ma Nature.

I'm eyeing today's potential if something can fire in the "5:00pm radius" from Amarillo. Tommorrow right now looks like a surge up into central KS, so it appears out of range for me. Friday might be doable. Saturday and beyond, I'm there, man. :-)

I look forward to ambling across the wide open plains and the towering infernos of convection rising above it. I hope to meet many of ya'll out there over the next week. For those not able to make it out, be sure to watch my LIVE CHASE PAGE!

Stay tuned!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dewdrop said...

Be safe Steve, and have a fracking blast! Enjoy the fury.

Thu May 22, 12:09:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home