Thursday, December 06, 2007

Major Texas Panhandle Snowstorm?????

Latest models runs, as of 00Z Thursday, continue their trend of a colder arctic airmass invading my neck of the woods early Sunday without releasing it's grip until Thursday. At the same time, a potent upper level storm system takes shape over the SW CONUS. It's a classic setup for serious snowfall in these parts. As usual, there is some model discrepency in the details, but they all agree on significant amounts of the white stuff. Some models are indicating a foot or more of snow. Yowsa!!

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about it. This is one of the reasons I moved up here! :-) I'll be hitting the grocery store on Friday and stock up on goodies. Stay tuned for this one, folks. I'll be watching it unfold as the event draws near and we get a better idea of the strength of the upper low system, it's trajectory, speed, and the amount of moisture it will tap into. The arctic air forecast looks like a pretty sure bet.

On a side note, but a pretty important one at that, I'll be leaving the company I work for as of next Tuesday. I'll take a little time off to chill out and clear my head. Then, I'll embark down the path of self-employment. I'll write more about this later. I've also got some pics I've taken over the past month or so that I might post later too....after this upcoming snowstorm.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dewdrop said...

Wow. Good luck with your new endeavor, Steve. How exciting and scary all wrapped together...

Thu Dec 06, 09:59:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the first real snowfall of the year, but by the 5th snowfall last year I was just sick of it!! With you doing self-employment now, we can get together for lunch! I would kill to talk to someone other than a 3 mo old. :o) Good luck!!

Thu Dec 06, 12:12:00 PM CST  
Blogger Steve Miller said...

You will LOVE self employment, I promise! Let me know if I can help in any way.

As for the snow and grocery shopping; do you find that you buy different things to prepare for the snow such as things that take longer to cook- like roasts, chili, beans, etc?
On snow days we feast in the Miller household. Kinda fun!

Thu Dec 06, 07:59:00 PM CST  
Blogger Wayfarer said...

One thing about self employment...There is always time for a chase!!

Fri Dec 07, 06:59:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man Rick got that right..most of the time anyway.

Looks like a big icer for me to the south of you. I just hope I don't loose to many more limbs again like I did last year, or I may as well just cut the damn trees down! There was a LOT less shade this past summer.

Sat Dec 08, 04:22:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David its looking more and more like ice here in Amarillo also. Maybe some snow on top but tonigh through much of Monday looks like mostly ice and sleet. I would rather have a foot of snow than 1/2" of ice. The wrecks will be numerous. Plus powerlines coming down.

I havent heard from Mr Miller in over a week. Last time I saw him we were at Applebees watching the cowboy game. Both of us sick as can be too..I am still trying to get thsi crap out of my chest Steve. hope you had better luck.

Sat Dec 08, 08:26:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys got that crap I have had for over 3 weeks. I think I am FINALLY getting over it.

Sat Dec 08, 05:13:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what a difference 2 degrees makes. We get a good rainsoaking instead of a major ice storm like Ok city. It was even thundering last night but always stayed at 33-34 degrees. How boring. Oh well we could use the rain badly anyway. Tired of all these grassfires. Going on week 2 of this chest crap but have some new meds and a nebulizer to help out.

Tue Dec 11, 12:48:00 PM CST  
Blogger DM said...

Good luck Steve! Stick it to the man. Seriously though, hope you do well, maybe you'll be able to chase a lot more now!

Wed Dec 12, 01:25:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your new path Steve. FYI Chris Barnes is leaving DMN on 12/21 had his fill after 9 years. I'll keep checking your web site.

Thu Dec 13, 09:48:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to ya. Shiloh T. Blackburn III.

Sat Dec 15, 07:19:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home