Thursday, November 08, 2007

Ramble On

Boring but absolutely beautiful weather in the Texas Panhandle. Nothing really much going on weather wise. I received the drum pads recently as part of my rebate. It's an 8-piece kit now with a 5th cymbal on its way. I play every night and am getting some of my mojo back as well as stamina. I've got more to go though. However, with all of the backing midi tracks with the TD-20, it makes it more fun and versatile to practice. I love it! :-) I've already started creating and customizing kits and sounds. I use a tool for the PC called V-Drum Lib to make the process faster and much easier.

Interestingly, the module can use a compact flash card to backup and transfer stuff, but only 512mb. I looked all over Amarillo to find one....nada. 1gb is the smallest and it absolutely will not work. So, I found a few on eBay and got one for $17 total. I'll probably order another one just in case. It seems as though these are fast becoming obsolete. Hopefully the upcoming TD-20 expansion next year will take care of this requirement.

Hopefully we'll see some "weather" next week as the models show some interesting prospects for something other than "Chamber Of Commerce Weather".

Go Cowboys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home