Friday, May 04, 2007

Chase-a-thon

UPDATE 2000Z: No cellular internet access today due to antenna adapter tip breaking off. Might be next week until I can get a replacement...unless I find my spare buried in a moving box someplace. Anyway, munching lunch in Perryton on a wi-fi connection. Analyzing data and determining course.

Man, I have been going nuts trying to get things arranged to partake of three whole days of chasing nirvana. :-) So, I apologize for being out of touch.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to ramble about today's setup and beyond. I'm trying to get stuff together and make a trip to Dodge City, KS for today to play with tornadoes up there. I'll be updating from the road starting this afternoon.

http://www.texastailchaser.com/tailcaster/

Wish me luck! :-)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. Go make Bill Paxton proud. Heehee

Fri May 04, 10:20:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be heading out after the 11:30 comes out. Just want to reaffirm in my mind the cap is prob going to hold down here. I am thinking maybe hitting Woodward and see at that point if I need to go north or not.

Fri May 04, 10:25:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might find this useful Steve. DDC ran a short fuse composite model.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ddc/?n=shortfuse#topimage

It's still updating as I write this, expected to be done by noon.

Fri May 04, 10:40:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

Me and my trusty blue steed are about to venture forth to do battle. :-)

hey Dave, holler at me if you head up Kansas way....I'm hanging out until more data comes in too....but still think DDC is a good target right now.

Fri May 04, 11:02:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Glenn said...

hope your video has good night-time capabilities! :o)

Fri May 04, 11:43:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Bob Hall said...

Looks like triple point might be a little more northward than previously forecast. I’m really glad to see the cap overnight should (crossing fingers) keep this from messing up tomorrow too badly. 9° C at 700 mb is breakable in Kansas. Good luck. I knew I should have taken off at noon and headed to Lawton, OK

Fri May 04, 02:17:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Glenn said...

OK, Perryton at 3pm - I swear to God dude, if you aren't on that tornado-producing cell moving into Oklahoma I'm gonna personally rip those storm-chasing stripes off your chaser uniform!

Fri May 04, 07:13:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

ROFL! I think I can keep my stripes. :-) I wish you could have been there, man...awesome storm and quite an experience.

Sat May 05, 03:28:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Bob Hall said...

Beautiful at this point. I can't imagine what this storm looked like in Kansas. Radar presentation was just scarry. I was showing range folding that I think means there may have been over 200 knots of gate to gate shear. Those are some of the greatest pictures since Mulvane, KS.

Sat May 05, 07:49:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home