Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Outstanding!!!! Check it out!!

Every once in awhile, the "popular" forum for chasers produces some truly great nuggets of information amidst the noise, lunacy and stormchaser police activity (better call in those storm reports, boys and girls! lol).

I am really quite the happy camper to point you at:

http://www.tornadohistoryproject.com/tornadomap.php

They have really worked hard to produce perhaps the best tool for researching tornado history. But, they went beyond just simple number crunching and integrated the database (quite nicely I might add) with Google Maps. Awesome...awesome...awesome!

I actually looked at the files they used for this database and I've been intending to do some number crunching and analysis out of personal curiosity. However, after grinding all day long M-F doing that stuff, it's tough to get motivted to do that in my freetime. :-) Thanks to the hard work of these guys, the work is done.

Oh...still looking good for the severe weather season to really crank up next week. More on that later. I hope everybody has their gear ready.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Miller said...

great link man - thanks!

Sat Mar 17, 07:21:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

Isn't it? I'm hoping they can add functionality to zoom in on areas and display a range of years.

Mon Mar 19, 10:20:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home