Friday, March 09, 2007

TESSA NO GO, GFS, WoW

I had planned this week to leave on Friday to arrive at my friends' house in Denton to stay the night and we'd get up early Saturday and head to TESSA. However, I'm not going to get out of Amarillo at a decent time today to make the 5 hour trip. I'm feeling pretty crappy too and just not up for a road trip. I was really looking forward to it too. I'll have to buy the DVD when Martin releases it later down the road. I hope it contains all the good stuff.

On the otherhand, the models are having a very difficult time handling the next system over the weekend. They have been all over the place with soluitions and even today are at great odds with each other. The GFS is most interesting because it continues it's forecast of closing and pinching off the energy into an upper low over the western parts of Texas. So, it will be something for me to watch this weekend other than boring, pretty weather. ;-)

Gazing into the crystal ball, I still don't see much hope for stormchasing anytime soon. March is turning out to be quite a dud. What's worse is that one of the wettest months of the year is turning out to be bone dry. If the rains don't crank up in April, we are going to be plunged right back into one of the severest droughts in the past century. In the fuzzy outer realm of the crystal ball, I do see a pattern change by around the 20-23rd of March which the GFS has been continuing to hint at for several runs now. I put a little more faith in reading that far out because this time of year, the upper air pattern just doesn't remain stagnant. In fact, I'm amazed in just how "stable" it is right now for early March. So, still no need to turn on the data services just yet. :-)

So, what does a poor stormchaser do when the weather just isn't cooperating for long periods of time? I used to play alot of Battlefield 2 which is a great MMORPG. I played anti-tank and sniper kits pretty well. But, it's got its's limits and I got bored with it after awhile...but still play every once in awhile. Lately for the past several months, I've been playing World Of Warcraft. Yep, I'm a WoW head. It is an addictive and fun game, I'll have to admit. The parent company, Blizzard, is like a drug pusher. They make it very easy to "sample" the game at which point you get hooked.

Each week, I join with over 8 million WoW heads worldwide with over 2 million in the US to waste some of my productive time and social life to go on quests, slay various monsters, battle other players of the opposing faction, group- raid dungeons, explore a vast world, engage in trade and commerce, etc. I'm even in a guild with other players mostly from Texas and similar age. It's not just the kiddos out there. It's by far the most popular game out there For any WoW heads out there interested, my main character is a Tauren Warrior which I just maxed out at level 70 last week. It's by far my favorite race and class. For the Horde! :-) My guild is getting ready to run the elite dungeons, so I'm preparing to respec from fury to a heavy protection to become the main "tank". If any of ya'll out there are WoW heads, PST. ;-) If I get too bored, I might post some pics of my character later.

Well, I gotta go. I hear the Alliance are attacking Crossroads again. ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You *are* bored! LOL

I killed a lot of time with Battlefield 2 last year. Finally had to just uninstall it so I could regain productivity. I've achieved so much it is incredible. Home projects, getting out of debt, web sites, etc. But hey, if I were in Amarillo I'd probably be playing a lot of WoW too. LOL I lost a lot of my life to that one.

Dixie and I ended up bailing out on TESSA as well. But Friday evening we did get a nice lightning show off to the east.

Mon Mar 12, 08:55:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home