Saturday, February 24, 2007

McLean, TX Tornado Pics

While not the best quality (especially the last one), they aren't too bad considering I was moving at 70mph shooting ISO 100 in a low light environment. I always enjoy re-learning all of the little things at the beginning of each chase season. I even got one "Batman" angle just for effect. POW!! CRASH!! OOMPH!! :-) I just almost pulled the trigger to head towards Hutchinson, KS to play the cold core storms today. I really like what I'm seeing this morning and have no doubt there will be some fun tornados up there. However, 500 miles through 40-60mph winds doesn't register too high on my fun meter with it only being February. I'm going to have alot more better opportunities this year. :-) Good luck to those making it out.

To see some other pics of the tornado with better quality, check out Charles Edwards' Pics. UPDATE: Check out his awesome video too. It's the best I've seen..including he local Amarillo TV stations and TWC. CLICK HERE















Labels: ,


3 Comments:

Blogger DM said...

Nice score Steve!!

Sun Feb 25, 07:10:00 PM CST  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

Thank you very much! I hope that this is a harbinger of a great season to come for all of us SDS patients. :-)

Tue Feb 27, 08:41:00 AM CST  
Blogger Glenn said...

I don't know - those photos are blurry, and perhaps a bit suspect. Hmmmmmmm.............

Wed Feb 28, 11:32:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home