Friday, May 26, 2006

CHASECATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's finally here. I'm heading to Amarillo early in the morning to start things off. After tomorrow and beyond? Well, follow my adventures (or misadventures) on

MY 2006 CHASE BLOG!! :-)

I've read alot of doomsday discussions and fears of LCLs halfway to the moon and even considerations of Canadian excursions. One of the few things I've learned over the years is not to take the models at 100% face value even 24 hours out. With high enough instabilities and a stationary boundary, gimme 25-30 knots of mid level winds (of course I'll take a little stronger! LOL) and I'm ecstatic this time of year. Too many times the models miss a weak impulse or slightly underforecast mid level winds. With a broad trough to the west, it's a guarantee that lots of impulses will ripple across. If the model *trends* are correct with the mid level wind forecasts and surface features, I'll be having a blast out in KS/NE for the next 7 days.

If you don't see your blog listed in the right hand column, it's because I wrecked the code and don't have time to fix it. I will when I get back. Don't freak.

This is my last blog entry here until I return and mold myself back into an 8-5 routine again. :-)

(and anybody reading this thinking of breaking into my house, I've got a monitored security system and a police officer as a neighbor. You get to guess which shift he works. LOL!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home