Thursday, April 16, 2009

Crazy Panhandle Weather!!!!

I couldn't leave work until 4pm, so I missed the tornado warnings around Tulia. I eventually met up with Jay McCoy and we broke away from the storms around Plainview and went back to see what the earlier storms had left behind. We saw incredible hail drifts and flooding. I-27 was even shut down because of flooding...which at points was a river of ice! I am tired and needing to hit the sack for another round tomorrow...probably around Silverton to Childress for me anyways. Here are some pics of the day's events. Cool video is coming in a few days when I get back home and have time to work on it.

Nope...not a blizzard, but hail!!


This critter has had one helluva day.






One of many snow plows out and about clearing roads.


I-27 southbound shutdown.



3 Comments:

Anonymous sketer_one said...

this is Crazy!!!
.. ooh and ..poor rabbit:|

Fri Apr 17, 07:56:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Matt Johnson said...

WoW!! Those are some amazing pictures. Looks like winter! Good luck again today with the new round storms!

Fri Apr 17, 12:03:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Dann Cianca said...

Great photos Steve! You had a lot more fun than I did yesterday!

Fri Apr 17, 12:08:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home