Monday, June 16, 2008

TX PH Chase-O-Rama - Day 3 (and yesterday's Festival Of Vortices)

I've shifted my target from Plainview/Childress to Dumas/Shamrock to Altus along the obvious boundary/front and close to the 20Z SPC 5% tornado threat...which I think might be more like 10% based on latest obs...particularly far W OK. The question is how much more W and S the boundary will move or evolve. I think with strong daytime heating, it wll slow significantly or even go stationary. Another scenario is a SE moving storm pushing out an outflow boundary westward where the next storm upstream could latch onto. It's a pretty complex mesoscale situation unfolding. Work obligations keep me planted in Amarillo until 5pm, but will blast outta here then. So, I'm in monitor/reactionary mode right now. This could be a fairly significant day. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home