Monday, May 26, 2008

Yesterday's Fiasco & Today's Dream

Apologies to everybody watching my live chase page. My computer yesterday decided to try and install some wierd crap which hosed my GR3 for some odd reason. So, we switched to David's computer. Well, as bad luck would have it, we had no Firewire cable to fit. So, no live streaming...and no live GPS updates. I believe I've resolved my technical problems, so hopefully, I'll be running normally today.

The storms didn't cooperate either in KS. They quickly became outflow dominant with VERY cold outflow. However, David and I managed to finally find a fairly laarge, rotating wall cloud embedded BEHIND ad within the cold, outflow air. Very odd, but exciting nonetheless. :-) We also observed a very strange phenomena later where tons of dust were being lifted straight up into the air. There were lots of little "fingers" of dirt being lifted with a cone-shaped dust cloud. This is an are of intense and stationary convergence. We could see several little jets of inflow/outflow feeding into a central point. It wasn't a gustnado, wasn't a tornado, we don't know how to label it. But, it was pretty cool nonetheless.

We also watched the big monster tornadic cel closer to home in the TX PH. Amarillo sustained some considerable wind damage. Ugh. This certainly further strengthens the Stevoid stigma.

So, for today, we are going to hang around Dodge City and monitor things. We feel like we are in a great spot....might drop south abit into the OK PH. Time will tell! I will hopefully be bck to normal on the live chase page (link to the right). Wish us luck!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to laugh yesterday when I saw txtail in Beaver, Ok. LOL, it was one of those things that was funny at the time. I am living vicariously through the computer today so I hope you have your chase cam up and running!

Mon May 26, 12:50:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

That is hilarious!! LOL!!

I hope you got to see some cool streaming video when I was able to get it running. I definitely had some technological frustrations that made me a pretty pissy little chaser as David, Jeff and Jay can attest too. LOL!!

Thu May 29, 10:07:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home