Thursday, May 29, 2008

Today's Chase Opportunity

2015Z UPDATE: The dewpoints indeed are cratering pretty bad as advertised. Hereford is now 46. There is some slight hope that dewpoints may maintain lower 50's in the NW and N TX PH as surface winds are backed a bit up in Dumas. The models maintain the dewpoints at that level too before knifing in the upper 40's towards dark. Storms erupting in NM and now in the NW parts of TX PH south of Dalhart. So, I'll mosey on out, but not expecting too much. LIVE CHASE CAMwill be active.

I'm in "stand by and watch" mode at this time concerning opportunities in the TX PH. The models are breaking out storms along the TX/NM border W and NW of Amarillo. The vertical wind profiles actually look pretty decent for some strong supercells and even a slight tornado potential.

My biggest concern is the cratering of dewpoints this afternoon as mixing ensues. The RUC is most aggressive with this happening showing dewpoints tumbling into the upper 40's immediately ahead of the convective initiation. If that happens, I'm staying home. If we can at least keep some lower 50's intact, I'll certainly mosey on out to see what I can see.

It appears that some more chase opportunities are coming into play over the next few days within range of Amarillo. So, stay tuned!! As far as the pics from the past few days, those are going to be delayed for awhile until things calm down abit.

As usual, if I head out, I'll have my LIVE CHASE PAGE with streaming video up and running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home