Saturday, May 31, 2008

Chase-o-rama continues!!

0000Z Update: Okay, those wondering why I'm not racing east to catch the tornadic storm in Osage County from here near Fairview, OK:

1) Too far east. I've had my fill this year of trying to catch up to storms far to my east.

2) East of I-35. This is traditionally poor chase territory with hills, trees, creeks, etc.

3) I think there is still a chance for a good late show out here where I am at. Weak impulse approaching with good surface convergence and other favorable parameters might reward my patience. I may drop a little further south as I now see some healthy towering cumulus.

I'll be headed towards the Woodward and Alva area in NW OK here shortly based on latest surface analysis and model forecasts. I really do like the setup if we can realize a little stronger boundary layer flow more than the model progs. I think we will, but time will tell. Regardless, nice moisture and instability axis with good surface converegence and a weak outflow boundary along with favorable veering profiles and decent shear begs for a chase today. As usual, I'll have my live stream up and running on my live chase page (link to right).

I'm still extremely busy and have not had a chance to get caught up on photos and stuff since the excursion last weekend. heck, it may be July before I can get a break based on latest medium range guidance. Plus, there's a little something in the works that will be exciting if it works out. Stay tuned for that. :-)

Gotta run! Out the door!! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home