Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bust A Cap...errr...A Cap Bust

Well, I got to go watch the wind blow, see a prairie dog display, chase jack rabbits, and take pics of a wind farm. Just some of the fun you can have waiting for the dryline to fizzle. :-)

There's just no telling what you'll see on one of those country roads. This was just north of Pampa. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Perhaps a warning to other wayward Prairie Dogs trying to cross the road?


These critters are FAST! They were everywhere...hundreds of them. Apparently the wet season this year has put a few bunnies in the mood to procreate. ;-)


Just thought this was a cool pic...didn't turn out as well as I had liked. We've been using wind energy for quite a long time.



Labels:


5 Comments:

Blogger Dewdrop said...

I feel your pain... better get those mudslides ready.

Tue May 22, 10:31:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller said...

Hope you have better luck today since I will be in the hood! I have to make the most of the very few chase days I get this year!
See ya out there.

Wed May 23, 08:28:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for your pain Steve but today looks alot better!!

Wont say much abou yesterday except i love vacation where distance isnt as big an obstacle. Targeted east of Liberal but quickly realized the only show was north od DDC so busted tail up yonder and scored near Hill City. What incredible structure and 2 tornados to boot. 1 was mostly rainwrapped and could barely see and the other a beautiful cone funnel that touched down briefly. Now in DDC getting ready to head south somewhere in the east panhandle.

Wed May 23, 09:35:00 AM CDT  
Blogger DM said...

Those wind farms are something else. We ran into a few near Montezuma, KS and somewhere east of there. I think I can definitely just sit there for a few hours and just watch them. lol.

Thu May 24, 08:12:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

Dick,

I'm mesmerized by those things too. I think as chasers, we are drawn to them because they rotate. :-)

The coolest thing yesterday out near Vega, I got to watch them all turn into the wind when it changed directions from the gust front. I was more interested than that than the storm. lol!

Sat May 26, 09:04:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home