Sunday, June 14, 2009

Today's Thoughts

Had some fun yesterday, but not quite the spectacle I had expected. Too many storms I think were a major fly in the ointment along with the boundary/dryline moving westward. Still, got some great structure pics I'll post later.

For taday, I am currently sitting in Canyon, TX preparing to head to Happy. VERY strong localized convergence is shaping up SW of Canyon where a pronounced outflow boundary is intersecting the sharpening dryline. This area has been exposed to alot of insolation today and destabilizing quite nicely. I'm already seeing some nice cumulus building up in proximity to the boundary intersections. Some elevated storms are moving this way from around Clovis indicative of approaching upper level dynamics. I'd prefer a target north of I-40 with better upper winds, but that won't do any good with a rain-cooled, stablized airmass. Hence my chosen target. :-)

Headed back to Canyon for some supplies and then southward. Catch me live at http://texastailchaser.com/livechase.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Steve! Yesterday definitely did not shape up like I had hoped. I got caught in the mess of a storm down east of Aspermont. I had lost all data and radio while chasing it. After coming into a bit of a clearing along the road south of Knox City I looked back to the west and saw what was about to happen. I didn't have any chance to get away, so I just had to pull over and ride it out. It was an interesting experience.

Good luck today!

Sun Jun 14, 02:59:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home