Monday, November 24, 2008

JPG Magazine Contest & Turkey Day

I've been entering some of my photography into a few photo contests. I want to measure my work against the many excellent photographers out there. Plus, whatever exposure and publicity I can obtain from it makes it worth the effort. Heck, if I could win one, that would absolutely rock and roll my world. :-) I need your help by voting on one contest I've entered at JPG Magazine. Please cast your vote at the link below. And of course, you are voting for "change" and I will rescue the world. ;-)

http://www.jpgmag.com/photos/1251474

You will have to do a brief sign-up, but I'm worth it...I think. ;-) Thank you!

The trick is being careful of which contests you enter. Just about every one wants rights to use your photo in promoting the contest and their website...understandably. However, the more unscrupulous ones have it setup to where you basically surrender your photo to them for the rest of your life for them to do with as they please...including selling that photo to publishers of which you won't see one single dime...ever...no way...no how. Ever wonder how those online stock photo agencies acquire so many photos and images? Now you know. There are hundreds ofthousands if not millions of people ripped off by this scam. But, ther rules, terms and conditions are right there for everybody to read through, but with the legalese and fine print, most peoople don't. So, READ THE FINE PRINT before entering ANY photography contest.

Okay, on to weather. The models aren't making things any easier as of 12z today regarding the upper air evolution and resultant precip and temperature forecasts. Right now, it looks like the Panhandle will have a shot at a little wintery precip late Thursday and Friday. Even Lubbock might get into the action depending on how everything works out. Another shot is possible late into the weekend as well. Beyond that, it isn't real clear, but I'm thinking another big surge of even colder air will arrive next week. Stay tuned.

I'll be out for about a week, so I wish everybody out there a Happy Thanksgiving. My it be filled with plenty of food, naps and football. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dann Cianca said...

Voted! Good luck!

Mon Nov 24, 08:26:00 PM CST  
Blogger S. Miller said...

My vote has been cast!
Please focus on the economy first before moving on to other things after you're elected.
Happy Tgiving!

Tue Nov 25, 09:09:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home