Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Some Humorous Pics

Here are a few pics from my chase excursion over the Memorial Day weekend. One of the BEST things about stormchasing is the comradere and a shared brotherhood of pursuing mother nature's most violent tantrums. Plus, all the gut-busting laugh riots make the pain of fuel costs more endurable. I had a blast! Many thanks to the guys below:

Here is a pic from the "West Texas Posse" aka "West Texas Banditos" or "West Texas Lightbar Mafia" (thanks to Jay for that one). :-) That's me in the goofy hat. Dennis Sherrod is the guy in the middle representin' da south-eeeest, boyee! David Drummond is next to me. Jeff Bernard is on the right with Jay McCoy next to him.


Then, somebody yells out "Stormchaser Police" and we quickly flash our gang symbols (mine is reverse...gotta work on that...David and Jay got it down)


I finally found something symbolic of the "Stevoid"...my propensity to squash storms. I wonder if the little character here will ba labeled a yahoo? Not if he's a CFDG member! LOL!!


This is honor of David's new status as a stormchasing god amongst mortals. I mean, even lightning can't strike this guy down.


In all of my many years of chasing, I finally screwed up (mainly by not listening to David...lol) and discovered what really was in that green core. The center point of impact is about the size of a MLB regulation baseball. The windshield needed replacing anyway because of a few cracks from rocks. At least I didn't trash a rental car.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is some funny stuff there. It looks like you guys had a really good time.

Tue Jun 03, 11:19:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

Holy cow!.... Does that say $4.569?! Is that for regular?!

Great shots, Steve. I have to give y'all credit for going on these chases despite the price of gas. Way to punch that core... dare devil.

Wed Jun 04, 12:43:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that was the diesel price Dew. Most I paid during that trip was 3.99/9

Wed Jun 04, 10:09:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

We did Jason...we gotta get you into the gang. :-) Hopefully we can chase some TX PH storms sometime this year...if ever. Sheesh. We are the poster child for dryslotting. :-)

Dew, like David said, taht was diesel at a truck stop next to the motel we were at. And, yeah, I'm such a daredevil...you gotta see and hear the video that David had rolling as I was fleeing to safety. The colorful metaphors were flowing quite freely. lol.

Wed Jun 04, 11:15:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home