Sunday, June 01, 2008

05/31/2008 Super-Duper-Cell Photos

I shot alot of photos, and these were the best I could get. The exposure efforts on this beast were very challenging and difficult. I also had some focusing issues on a few series. Combine that with absolutely horrid terrain and road options in that area of Oklahoma fron Hinton to Anadarko, and I'm fortunate to have captured the ones I did. :-) I did play with the exposure abit to really enhance the structure as it really appeared. So, the lightning flashes are really blown out. And, really, those are true colors too...no enhancement except to increase saturation as I always do with RAW images. Also, pardon the "Batman" angles too as I was a tad excited. :-)

Trying to intercept and get around the beast as it was exploding....looking SW. This updraft is in reality the left-split the spun off and moved north with a perfect anti-cyclonic hook and circulation.









5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photos there Steve! I had to work, so I didn't get a chance to go out. Maybe later this week I can get on a good storm like this one. Congrats...

Mon Jun 02, 07:28:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Laura Duchesne said...

Hi Steve, glad you caught these images! The storm was indeed beautiful when it was illuminated, but I couldn't grab shots because we wanted to get to where the wall cloud was (I did get a shot of a CG beside the wall cloud).

Tue Jun 03, 01:34:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunset is always a magical time for storms.

Tue Jun 03, 09:20:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

Thanks for the comments. I hope we can see something like the in the PH this year Jason. I'm growing weary of SW surface winds all the time. We are going to have to start driving dune buggies out here before long, LOL!!

Laura, that is so cool you were on that storm too! Wasn't it awesome? I've never seen anvil zits like that before. And of course the structure was awesome. :-)

David, the first pisture wasn't even the best of how it looked. There were a couple of times I shoulda stopped and shot, but was trying to beat the storm to a main road. I could use more of this type of stuff. :-)

Wed Jun 04, 11:20:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning pics Steve!

Jim C

Wed Jun 04, 11:35:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home