Thursday, June 19, 2008

Chase-O-Rama Day 6!!

Yesterday was pretty much a yawner as I expected. At least it was for me compared to the last several days. Folks up in Beaver County, OK and Ochiltree County, TX weren't so fortunate as several injuries and significant wind damage occurred. I observed an elevated severe storm near Channing and followed it to Amarillo where I gave up on it. Met up with Jay McCoy and goofed around watching the nice sunlight storm to the east. We then topped it off with a visit to Rudy's BBQ which just opened in Amarillo. I love that place! :-)

Today however, the severe potential increases and could easily be a repeat of Tuesday's raucous action. The deeper moisture appears to have made a return and hopefully won't scour so severely like it did yesterday. The models seem to think low/mid 60's Td will prevail in the TX PH. This will lead to strong instabilities with lots of heating today. Forecast 700-500mb flow might be a tad on the weak side, but the southerly low level inflow will be good under NW flow regime. The RUC wants to surge a drypunch into the PH from the S and SW today which will be interesting to see what that does. This could be a nice boundary for a storm to ride SE along and go bonkers. We'll see. I'll narrow my target down later today, but thinking anothre trek west on I-40 might be in the cards.

I also want to point out a really nice blog that I just discovered. This is by Steve Douglass here in Amarillo who also knows Jay as part of Amarillo Emergency Services. Check out the Panhandle Skies Blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home