Saturday, June 05, 2010

TORNADO-O-RAMA!!!!

Sorry again for the delayed blog post again. But, I've been pretty darned busy shifting gears again career wise. Yep, on the job hunt again. LOL!! Another story of what was promised by an employer wasn't delivered upon. I got screwed again. Oh well....in the meantime.....

I have been enjoying quite a chase season this year! I don't know if it's the new vehicle (2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE AWD...affectionally named "Tailchaser III") or what. But, I've seen more tornadoes the past few weeks than I've seen total in the past 3 years...including 3 days in a row.

If that weren't enough, I'm planning a little stormchasing excursion with my twin namesake from Oklahoma next week starting Wednesday. The models are in strong agreement for an awesome upper air pattern setting up about then for E CO, W KS and the TX PH. No doubt more tornado images and video are forthcoming. After some difficult seasons since 2007, I'm taking full advantage of an active chase season. I know all too well seasons past.

With that in mind, here are videos I've put together of my best chases in May. Other images and video from other events will be forthcoming, but these are the best ones so far this season.

MAY 23 - NEAR TEXLINE/CLAYTON
Incredible tornado event along the TX/NM border shared with Jay McCoy. I wish I would have taken a different intercept route to get closer, but still, incredible video!!!

This is part 1 from my dashcam. Ignore the first few seconds as I screwed up on my editing and washed out the initial footage. DOH! The good stuff starts about 4:20


Part 2 is better quality video from my VX2100 camcorder. Watch the large, violent tornado and nice satellite tornadoes!!



MAY 24 - SPEARMAN, TX
After trying in vain to catch a tornado on a big storm near Pampa, I along with Marcus Diaz make a valiant effort to get to Spearman, TX where new storms were rapidly developing along the dryline. We were treated to 3, maybe 4 beautiful tornadoes!

This is part 1 from my dash cam.


Part 2 is the better quality from my VX2100.


I saw a brief tornado near Dimmit, TX the next day on May 25, but nothing like the big day I had on May 31 near Campo, CO just north of Boise City, OK....



MAY 31 - CAMPO, CO
Incredible long lived white tornado!! Slight timelapse with some cool music.


This is the second tornado I captured (although there were three tornadoes). It is timelapse and set nicely to Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2, "Moonlight". Yep, ol' Cooter appreciates classical music too. :-)




Finally, my dash cam captures great timelaps footage of all three tornadoes. It is set to music that I composed and performed. Yep, ol' Cooter knows the difference between a bass clef and treble clef. :-)



More video and still images to come!!! Stay tuned!!! I will also try and establish a blog when I'm on the road next week. Watch for that announcement before Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home