Monday, August 13, 2007

Pics Of The Week - June 7, 2005

While the upper ridge keeps it's grip firmly in place, there ain't much to talk about in the weather department. We might have something to chat about later next week as the GFS has been quite persitant in developing a hurricane in the Western Atlantic and Caribbean. In the meantime, here is my first picture of the week.

It is from an awesome LP supercell in SW South Dakota near Potato Creek. It produced a small funnel, but the structure was the show of the day. It was also popping out some isolated monster hailstones too. Some video I saw from somebody that was close to it looked like softball easily....and likely larger. Later, it morphed into a big haboob as a line from the west overtook it. The big complex of storms raced eastward across the state along I-90 at up to 70mph. I was barely able to stay ahead of it on the interstate. The NWS up there made a couple of presentations on that event and used my pics as part of that.

One sexy storm! :-) If anybody out there would like a nice, quality print or poster of these or any other pics I have, email me!













(All images are copyrighted. Unauthorized use or duplication strictly prohibited.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dewdrop said...

Awesome!

Mon Aug 13, 10:24:00 AM CDT  
Blogger David Drummond said...

That first part really reminded me of that storm in NW OK earlier this year that you guys took the "scenic" route to see.

Mon Aug 13, 06:39:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home