Sunday, September 03, 2006

Are You Ready For Some FOOTBALL?!!!

I'm excited to have the NFL season kick off this Thursday! This will also be my first season to get serious about Fantasy Football as well. I'm in three leagues with one each at ESPN, Fox Sports and at work. I wanted to do the NFL, but I waited too long as the next drafts don't start until September 12th..well after the season gets under way. I thought that was pretty lame. Anyway, I've done my drafts for ESPN and at work. Fox is this Wednesday for my league.

Here is my ESPN team. I did really well in the draft, except I'm thin in the RB lineup. It's not bad with Willie Parker in there, but Antowain Smith got cut from Houston today. Not Good. However, I snagged several strong QBs and WRs which I expect to trade out for a solid RB....might even throw in one of my star kickers to get what I want in a RB. A couple of teams in my leagues are hurting in either position but have a couple of RBs I'm interested in. I'm sure they'll be eager to trade. :-)

QB Eli Manning, NYG
QB Brad Johnson, MIN
QB Steve McNair, BAL
QB Ben Roethlisberger, PIT
RB Willie Parker, PIT
RB Antowain Smith, HOU
WR Terry Glenn, DAL
WR Randy Moss, OAK
WR Santana Moss, WAS
WR Eddie Kennison, KC
TE Jermaine Wiggins, MIN
TE Stephen Alexander, DEN
D/ST Dallas
D/ST Pittsburgh
K Jay Feely, NYG
K Jason Elam, DEN

This is my team in the league at work. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I might try to improve the QB lineup by trading out a WR and/or TE.

QB Tom Brady, NE
QB Jake Plummer, DEN
RB Steven Jackson, STL
RB Thomas Jones, CHI
RB Willis McGahee, BUF
WR Antonio Bryant, SF
WR Santonio Holmes, PIT
WR Chad Johnson, CIN
WR Eddie Kennison, KC
WR Santana Moss, WAS
TE Jerramy Stevens, SEA
TE Jason Witten, DAL TE
K Billy Cundiff, GB
K Matt Stover, BAL
D/ST, Washington
D/ST, Tampa Bay

The FoxSports draft is tomorrow, but my league doesn't have enough teams yet to qualify. It's no biggie if it doesn't. Two teams are enough to keep me busy. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home