Friday, February 17, 2006

Greetings From Deep Freeze Denver

As I write, it is -7F outside with developing ice fog. At least I think it's ice fog because I've never seen it before. It's damn cold. The forecast low is -15F. I just saw a reading in NW Nebraska of -24F at this hour. I can honestly say that Texan blood begins to freeze at -7F.

The plane trip was pretty good except for sitting on the taxiway for about 20 minutes waiting for a gate to clear. This is also my first trip to the Denver airport and it's "unique". An automated train runs between a deidicated baggage claim and passenger terminal to the 3 concourses. It's the only way you can traverse the airport. Kinda wierd.

Then, I had to wait out in this insane cold weather for the hotel shuttle for almost 30 minutes. For a modern airport, this part of it is very poorly designed and planned. Once it arrived, we ran around in a circle for another 30 minutes picking up other passengers before making yet another 45 minute trek to the hotel.

Anyway, I'm here and all comfy. I had prime rib and a very delicious clam chowder followed by a couple of beers. Life is good. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home