Friday, January 27, 2006

New Forecasting/Chase Blog

I decided to keep two different blogs in order to keep some semblence of organization between general weather and stormchasing related stuff and the more detailed chase forecasts and even live chase reports from the road as the season ensues. I'm doing this because my forecasts can be pretty detailed and lengthy thus cluttering up my regular blog AND it will make it easier for me or anybody else interested to go back and review/reasearch/critique.

When time permits, I'll try to do a "day 2" forecast for an event the next day usually using the 00Z models. The "day 1" forecast will be sometime in the morning before an event. In addition, I'm going to try and send out brief emails while I'm chasing. That will be an interesting experiment. We'll see if it works. :-)

I used to do this years ago and found that I learned alot from my mistakes as well as successes. It's a great way to really increase your forecasting skills as well as just keeping a good log of events or even non-events. I hope this will also be a good way to communicate with others' thoughts and analysis on a particular situation.

So, here it is: http://www.texastailchaser.com/tailcaster/

I posted my thoughts about tomorrow's setup which according the latest NAM will be pretty interesting. I don't expect to chase in E TX though. Heck, it's only January! LOL!! I'll hang close to home in N TX and see what I can catch. It's not often that we get a powerful vortmax, as advertised by the NAM, taking aim on my house here in McKinney. I want to look up and see that big red splotch and "X". LOL! ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Miller said...

Hey man - great forecast!

I agree that it takes two blogs to get things done. I used to have one for my general musings as well as chasing but have since combined that with my chase blog due to content likeness.

I'm glad to see you are expanding and look forward to reading here this spring!

Sat Jan 28, 08:24:00 AM CST  
Blogger Steve Miller TX said...

Despite the bust, thanks! :-) I hope this works out where I can do this on a regular basis. I'm starting a new job in about another week, so I'm not sure yet what impact that will have. I'm glad to see you and others out there posting thoughts and forecast discussions. We may all have to band together to offset the NAM quirkiness. LOL!

Sat Jan 28, 10:02:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home