Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 2 Tornado Pics & Pre Chase Post

After an incredible day yesterday around Deer Trail and Last Chance, Colorado, we are perusing data and choose wither an I-70 target, or one further south between Pueblo/Lamar/Springfield, CO. Decided to head to Burlington, CO to eat lunch and continue crunching data.

I'm personally leaning towards the I-70 corridor solution in favor of a little better shear, LCLs and storm-relative helicities not to mention a little better road network. The trick there is to get the surface and 850mb flow to back more as advertised by the RUC and HRRR model solutions. It seems as if the NAM is the outlier at this point with it's more NErly boundary layer flow solution.

One thing really intriguing me are the forecast SE 700mb winds of up to 30 knots in the I-70 corridor vs 10-15 further south.
















1 Comments:

Anonymous JayM said...

Have I told you lately YOU SUCK!!..lol.. I am glad you and SMOK are having a good chasecation. The next few days look good also. That new Sante Fe has turned out to be a tornado magnet just keep it out of the gorilla hail. This years WT outlaws SDS video party should have plenty of stuff with everything you, I, and Jason have caught. :)

Sat Jun 12, 11:35:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home